PTS, NRP and ATM Info (Greater Fort Erie Minor Hockey)

PrintPTS, NRP and ATM Info

Information for Players wishing to tryout for AAA, AA or A

The OMHA allows players to tryout and play, if selected, for teams outside of their home center at the AAA, AA or A level.  The following are the regulations and procedures for these tryouts:

AAA Regulations

Greater Fort Erie Minor Hockey is a member of the Southern Tier Admirals AAA zone and as such all players wishing to tryout for a AAA team MUST first register and attend tryouts with Southern Tier teams of their age group.  Players released from Southern Tier tryouts may then acquire an F1 release from the Southern Tier organization which will permit the player to tryout with other AAA teams provided that they follow the proper guidelines when selecting their next center.  Southern Tier can provide the player with the proper protocol at that time. 

AAA Process

Players must first register online with GFEMHA in order to acquire an OMHA Permission to Skate (PTS) for Southern Tier from GFEMHA.  These forms are typically handed out during evening sessions in early April.  Once the PTS has been received the player must then follow the Southern Tier procedures for properly registering and paying for the tryouts.

Information about Southern Tier AAA may be found on the website at

AA or A Regulations

The OMHA through it's "Made for Ontario" plan permits players at the Peewee level and higher to tryout and play for teams at the AA or A level.  Players from GFEMHA may tryout for either a AA or a A team but NOT both.  Once the player chooses whether they wish to tryout at the AA or A level, the determination of where the player is eligible to tryout is simply a matter of location.  The player is entitled to tryout for the center which is closest to the players residence, as listed in the players OMHA registry.  In the case of GFEMHA players wishing to tryout at the A level this means Welland Minor Hockey.  In the case of AA hockey this means Niagara Falls Minor Hockey. 

AA or A Process

Players must first acquire an OMHA Non-Resident Passport (NRP) from GFEMHA.  The NRP passport will state which center and level the player is permitted to tryout for.  The NRP forms are typically handed out during evening sessions in early April.  The player must then follow the protocol of the center that they are trying out for with regards to registration, payment, attendance at tryouts etc. 

MIDGET Authorization to Move (ATM)

Information will be posted once available if the ATM process will continue for the 2017-2018 season.
Questions on these processes may be directed to GFEMHA's VP of Rep Hockey at [email protected]

PTS or NRP forms can be requested by contacting Melissa at [email protected]